Friday, December 16, 2005

"It was a good read."

Now... for those who care, I am just climbing back into my chair from having leapt out of it moments ago at what I just read. Seriously. Flew right out! Banged my knee and jammed my elbow on the desk. Why? Here’s why... I just received a personal email from the editors at GTS. Not one of those carbon-print responses, mind you, a real email. Check it out...

--------------------------------

Dear Scott,

Although we won't be publishing this particular piece, we do thank you for sending "Backroads". It was a good read.


Glimmer Train Press

--------------------------------

It was a good read?? Yes! Victory! Haha! I rock!

This place receives some 40,000 to 50,000 submissions annually. (Fifty-thousand!) And they send me an email saying, “It was a good read.” Not only addressing me by name, but including the actual title of my story in their response.

Validation without publication!

I almost don’t care it wasn’t published! Okay, I really do care, but this is amazing! Fifty-thousand, and I get a personal response.

Forget what I said yesterday...

Oh, and did I mention they said it was a good read?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home