Thursday, December 08, 2005

Coolness Factor

Mesa is a top end custom-shop amp builder. They don’t stock pallets full of ready-to-sell equipment in a mid-west warehouse, instead they hand-make their amps for each buyer.

The few shipped out to dealers are the only “stock” they carry. And there’s only twelve guys who make them. Twelve guys. That’s it. They all sign a rugged authentication certificate in felt-pen, which comes tagged to each amp and cabinet standard.

This is so cool. I’ve never been so pleased with getting a new amp. The only trouble is that the Solo50 doesn’t come equipped with Reverb, which I like. So if I wanted one, Mesa will have to build it for me.


Clem says it might take up to two months for it to arrive, unless the Mesa rep in town could get one. If I still lived in Nashville, I’d have the amp and cabinet already, but this is the mid-west... not well-known as a music community, unless you consider the sound of corn kernels pinging metal grain silos ands truck beds “music”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home