Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The Mesa

I bought the Mesa!



When it came home, wow was that something. The guys got together in Keith’s basement and we jammed for hours. They loved it. Just ate up the thick sweetness. We could be heard up the street. Why am I not surprised?

Somehow now, I feel like a real musician with quality guitars and amps. Just seems so unrealistic, that, at any moment, I’ll find myself awakened by a buzzing alarm clock.

As for my sound? That’s the most astounding thing. My sound is almost unbelievable. Almost like what I hear in my head. Isn’t that something? The Solo 50 enhances every picking nuance (especially the mistakes!). There is some groovy tone in that amp!


Mine clocks in at 50 watts, which is perfect. You don’t really need more wattage than that to be “loud.” If that’s what you’re after, string up a tower of 4x12's and it will gladly break your arms.

I read a great description of the Solo 50 somewhere: "...this thing roars like an angry bear just poked with a big stick."

Anyway, this amp makes me feel like I’m as good as I sound... which may or may not be true, I just feel that way. Not to mention, it’s cool!



(Coming up: I get a response from Glimmer Train Stories.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home