Friday, March 02, 2007

Sessions

Well, Elevenfold had our first recording session last night. It sounded amazing. I can't describe it... beyond professional. It was like... like nothing I've ever imagined. I was so unprepared for how cool it sounded. And that's before mastering anything. Matt-o just clicked a button and gave us the headphones, and I remember standing there completely amazed, looking over at Keith with this grin on my face.

(Hey Josh, you're going LOVE hearing your vocals through his rig--it's unbelieveable!) The crazy thing was we only used 4 mic's. I'm telling you, this guy knows his stuff and was using some quality equipment. What's better is that he's willing to help us assemble an audition demo.

We worked until sometime after 12am this morning (and I think the band is buying a certain lady some flowers). It was a good time. The deadline is getting closer, but similarly, we're still moving the chains (see football reference from previous post). April 17th. After that, it's rehearsal for the gig.

Matt-o said he would probably work on mastering the tracks today and could, quite possibly, have something to us by the weekend. How cool is that! Maybe we can get the vocal tracks down and remastered next week. Then we're streaming our first tune! Won't be too long until we're selling albums at shows. We have t-shirt designs ready (even for wild-orange shirts for those Illini fans who just can't get enough Elevenfold).

You know, I couldn't have been happier about last night's session. I'm still riding it even this afternoon. The Good News: it's only looking better.

Other things we agreed on...a name font style and a bass drumhead logo. Aw yeah, Keith made this crazy-cool design. It looks kind of wicked. Surprisingly, getting a custom drumhead isn't as expensive as you'd think. So, hopefully, he'll have a sporty new look to The Mighty Set for June.

I'm working on getting another MESA cabinet. A nice 4x12. After hearing what our music sounded like last night, we're looking forward to some gigs. I definitely think we'll rock out the local clubs. See you there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home