Saturday, February 24, 2007

Billboard

Booya!

So we're working more on the web page (or well, I am at least, between writing lyrics) and assessing a narrative about Elevenfold's background. What we've accomplished, recording projects, etc... You get the drill.

What I'm finding is that it's easier to write fiction! You'd think at this point in our musical history it would be easy to come up with something.

So you'd think.

Maybe it's not knowing where to start, (or in this case having a place to start). That's always a problem--a blank page staring back at you, the cursor blinking, waiting. Best thing is probably to wait until the time feels right. That's how I write fiction anyway. When it's right, the words just come. Besides, there's work yet to do.

Thursday we're getting some recording done at The Lab courtesy of Matt-O. He's bringing in some gear and hopefully it'll be a good night. Probably we'll just track the basics, no vocals yet. And I still need to tighten up one of the guitars, so that'll have to be done by Wednesday.

Somehow, we stumbled into an early April gig. Which is great, don't get me wrong. It's a benefit thing and probably be an easy twenty minute set. So I was told anyway. I'm okay with that. He also said we might open the evening, which is also cool... feed off that "happy to be here" energy, plus we have a slight tendency to be, ah... loud. Just a smidgen.

Well, if I thought I'd get motivated to write something by doing this, I was wrong. Completely uninterested. I think I hear a groove calling my name anyway. Here are some lyrics to leave you by:

"You don't think you need this love,
forgot what you've got from above.
All this, this hypocrisy
has got you down on your knees."

-Elevenfold


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home