Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Here's What I Think

I think President Bush needed to have a mixed congress from the onset. In his press conference this afternoon, he sounded visionary, driven, and confident—much more like a President. He’s communicating more clearly. He’s expressing true opinions, which I wish didn’t need a party-change in congress to happen.

For years there’s been a consistent message from him, one he’s still stating. Before however, he wouldn’t detail what he meant by particular phrases like “Stay the course.” He wasn’t communicating. Now, he’s enlightening clarity on his ideas, communicating in a way that makes me hopeful about the new era of government we're headed into.

For me, this is encouraging. Sure, I worry about Justice Kennedy’s upcoming vote on partial-birth abortion... yes, I have grave concern for stem-cell research funded for the purpose of cloning... but over the next few years, I’m encouraged there will be arguments, filibusters, and vetoes to check these issues.

Wow, that was amazing. I’m listening to the press conference as I’m writing, and a reporter just asked President Bush if he had to do something over. The President nearly interrupted him, “There are no do-overs.”

How true. Hindsight is one thing, but dwelling on do-overs is not forward progress.

Back to my original point... while congress was united under one party, things weren’t happening. Nothing advanced. Now, with hard work facing him, he’s pushing. I think we’re going to see something happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home