Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Recording (cont.) ... and Is That A New Guitar?

Yes, it continues.

Friday afternoon we're headed back into the studio for more sessions. Go ahead, be jealous. You know you want to be.

This time I'm at bat, and anticipating it. Been rehearsing how the melodies go and remembering all that's needed for tracking my guitar is to leave nothing. We can layer additional creamy chops later, if necessary.

And I nearly had this all timed out, because you see, I've been in the market for a new guitar. Something I don't have in the line up. There's my strat, my Les Paul, my PRS soapbar... and something amiss. There's a sound out there I want to own. And what better time is there to acquire a new friend than before a session? None.

And so, I found it. My new Gretsch G6129 Silver Sparkle Duo Jet . (That's right kids. Gretsch. Bona fide King of Rockabilly.) I was going to be the owner of a Gretsch G6129 Silver Sparkle remake. Unadulterated Gretsch Rockabilly coked out through the MESA. That's what I was missing.

Only...

You'll notice I said was.

It won't be happening.

Through a clerical error on my part (I've heard that's what they call it), I will not be such a Proud Papa. Unfortunate, I know! Rest assured, said "clerical error" (e.g. my own lameness) can be resolved in the near future, and we will be on to distribute cigars.

To quote a genius comic, "It will be mine. Oh yes. It will be mine."

Plus, I still have my current line for the sessions this weekend. The PRS will please. If you haven't heard her, you would marvel at how she purrs through that MESA.

I do.

And I'm the one doing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home